Saturday, December 01, 2007

Last post of the evening...

I need to go wrap more presents.
But here's our tree. I won the artificial vs. real tree thing. I'm sure you can guess which I was all for getting!
The only time we ever had a real tree growing up was when we got one in a big silver wash basin thing. It had all it's roots! And we planted it after Christmas.
It was still there when my parents sold the house to move to Texas.

So anyway:

Here's a closeup. It looks pretty real.


And this was pre-decorating. It's huge. 7 1/2 feet! I can't wait til we have a house. It'll fit better. I hope.


And here it is with lights and decorations. I don't have a lot of ornaments just yet... I always had a little tree up until now. But it doesn't look too bad. I'm glad Chris and agreed on colored lights. And we also agree that we like the more homemade mish mash of ornaments look. No uniform trees with ornaments of all one color for us!!
Please note that Uni is under the tree... and the packages are not. Uni is a very naughty beast. I am attempting to put the gifts back under tonight. I've already had to chase her away from them a couple times. Grrr...
The best part is that Apple chases her for me now that she knows Uni isn't supposed to be messing with things over in that corner!

Two more photos and then I'm off to wrap some more...
These are my porcupine bows. I learned how to make them when I was a kid and I still love doing it! Aren't they neat??

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the bows! That looks like it takes a lot of time to do. I'm terrible at wrapping presents, so good for you for making them all pretty!

The tree looks great too :) Yea for artificial!

Tracy said...

Thanks Katie! They are fun to make and they don't take me too long anymore... I've been making them a loooong time.
I always start off making my presents really pretty and then I run out of "wrap juice" so they get less pretty as I go.

Anonymous said...

i love the bow and your gorgeous new tree!

Tracy said...

Yay for Toni coming to visit my blog!! : )

If you ever want to learn to make the bows, just say the word. Maybe we can gather all the girls and have a "learn how to make porcupine bows" day. I think I might be teaching the people at work how to do it!! It's fun AND it uses those extra scraps of paper... rather than throwing them away! : )

Anonymous said...

I tried making a bow like yours (without the picture there to remind me), and it came out a little different, but cool anyway. Thanks for inspiring me.

"Green" tip for wrapping paper: On GMA this morning, they said to put used wrapping paper through a shredder (I guess not the kind that makes the paper into confetti, but the larger kind), and then use that in the future to fill giftbags. I wish I had heard that yesterday before we threw it all out!

Tracy said...

That sounds like a good idea... but I don't know if they really make the shredders that just do single cuts anymore. They apparently weren't doing a good enough job... you could still put the pieces back together. So I think they are mostly all that cross cut type now... which I think makes confetti.

So I just got out of my chair and looked in the shredder at work. It's not quite confetti size but almost...

I did save all the bows from my packages. And a few pieces of wrapping paper that didn't get ripped to shreds!

Did I mention that I wrapped several of Chris' gifts with sunday comics? They are colorful and I feel like I'm recycling. Plus they really can be recycled with the newspaper after the gifts are opened!!

Anonymous said...

Our shredder cuts the paper into pieces about the size of macaroni--probably a little small also, but it seems like a good idea. I suppose if I had a lot of time on my hands, I could cut the paper by hand :(

Tracy said...

Let me know if you get that extra time on your hands and I'll send you my paper too! ; )
Ha ha!!