Friday, December 28, 2007

The best gift!

Okay so I was going to post a lot of other holiday photos but first I have to share my excitement:

My parents got me a Canon EOS Rebel XT body for Christmas! And then Chris got me a zoom lens! Plus I still had the lens from my Canon film camera and they are interchangable...

I can't tell you how excited I am!! I am really looking forward to getting lots of use outta my new camera! I finally got a memory card (4 gig!!) last night... my parents got it for me as an early birthday gift... so I ran around the house taking photos of the dogs and cat. I think they are miserable that I got another camera... ha ha!
I also found a really neat forum for Canon users. Photography-on-the.net The people there are nice and helpful... plus they also have forums where you can post everything from photos of animals to sports photos. And I found, in the competitions forum, a thread where people post photos from travel and the others try to guess where they are!

So anyway, more photos from Christmas morning.
Chris with the giant black spiderman:

My dad with a book I got him in DC:
Chris with a FAUX fur blanket. We registered at Pottery Barn and silly me let Chris use the scanner thingie. This was one of his choices. So my parents got it for him. Bleh.
My mom's gift from dad... a rolex!! Wowsas!
This silicone pig pot holder was another of Chris' scans... from Bed, Bath and Beyond. You'd think I wouldn't have let him wield the scanner thingie after the faux fur scan!
I like this shot because Macy, a poodle that I'm dogsitting, was freaked out by the pig!
Woohoo! The ENTIRE series of SATC!! Chris hates the show but knows I love it and so he loves me enough to get it for me anyway!
And last but never least...
We tried to put a bow on Professor Plum... tee hee hee. And then we tried to put it on Apple but she kept shaking her head and it fell. We didn't put it over her face, I promise! Okay... done for now again. Hope you enjoy! I know we sure enjoyed the morning! : )

4 comments:

Elsa said...

Looks like a great camera! And I love Spidey, too - he's huge.

And the doggie pictures are very cute!

Elsa said...

P.S. I also love SATC - can't wait for the movie.

Tracy said...

Yay! Can't wait to post photos taken with the new cam! I've been taking dog photos of the dogs I'm watching...
And Spidey is VERY huge... it's like having another person in the house. I don't know what I was thinking when I got him!

Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Sooooo awesome about your new camera! And yes, the macro lens is yummy! That's what I used that day you were at my place with the doggies and ducks. :-)