Thursday, March 27, 2008

Furry Buddy


I don't think I ever posted photos of my Nutria buddy on my blog. I can't remember and I'm too lazy to go digging around to see. The first time I saw him I was feeding the ducks. I looked away for two seconds and looked back to see this hairy guy smack dab in the middle of the ducks. I saw his big yellowed teeth first and thought he was a beaver... then he turned around and I saw his rat-like tail. Chris, smarty pants that he is, knew what he was just with a phone description.
So anyway, this was him with a piece of bread I gave him. He also liked chips and he would take them from me with his little hand-like front feet. His back feet were webbed for swimming. I thought he was cute but apparently they are pests. He was only around for a few days though before we had some major rains and he disappeared. I hope he found a new home... and not as someone's coat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, how could he be a pest? He kind of looks like the woodchucks we get around here. I had no idea what they were until someone mentioned it months later.

Tracy said...

I think I read that nutrias eat aquatic plants and burrow... so apparently that is bad.

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood?