Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Wedding Weekend

Because of the long weekend, my mom flew into town to help me with wedding stuff.
We printed invitations, envelopes, return address labels, rsvp cards, stickers to seal envelopes, hotel info cards... It was a lot of work. I thought we'd save a lot of money by doing our own (Chris drew the design we are using on everything) and we did... but it definitely didn't save time or frustration levels!
But the envelopes are stuffed and almost ready to go. There are a few addresses I still need to get and then I have to stamp all the outside envelopes but then they will be done! Woohoo! My goal is to have them in the mail by the end of February.

We also met with Amanda at Love at First Bite Cakery on Saturday. She was so super nice and very excited about our zoo theme. I also think she fell in love with our cake topper!
The wedding cake is going to be three tiers and... well, maybe I should wait until after the wedding to tell you. I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise! Plus I know Scarlett will get FABU photos of it that I can share!
They are also going to do our groom's cake. I won't tell you what it is either but when I asked if she could do it, Chris about peed his pants and announced, "That is why that ring is on your finger!"

There was a lot more stuff that got done this weekend but I won't bore you with all the details. I will however share yet ANOTHER pair of shoes with you. I couldn't find them online in the correct color... but picture these in a very pale blue.

So I'm done shoe shopping... at least for wedding shoes. These are it. They are high enough... they are super cute on... I'll be able to wear them again after the wedding... and they are my something blue.

My something old is my mom's veil... that's old enough right? My parents' 36th wedding anniversary is right before the wedding...
And as for new... well, there is my dress and my shoes and my earrings and my necklace and... plenty of new.
Something borrowed... I borrowed the underskirt from my sister who borrowed it last year from her sister-in-law... so it's even TWICE borrowed.
Right?

Do you think I should get a lucky penny for my shoe?
My sister had one last year. It came in this hard plastic container thing a little bigger than a credit card. We couldn't figure out how to get it open so I went to work on it. I tried to break it with my hands first... no luck. I went to stomp on it and my sister freaked out. She didn't want me to break a heel right before we had to walk down the aisle.
So I did something even more stupid. I set it on the edge of a chair and pushed down with the heel of my hand. It cracked one side. Then I went to do it again but the edge I had just cracked sliced the entire inside of my wrist. I looked like I had tried to commit suicide! I had to wrap it all up... good thing we had elbow length gloves for her wedding!!
So I'm not sure a lucky penny in my shoe will be so lucky... unless I bleed on it again... but I'm not wearing gloves this time...
; )

7 comments:

Elsa said...

Hmmmm...after that story, I think I would pass on a lucky penny...doesn't sound so lucky! :)

I love the shoes!!

We had our invitations, etc, printed. Because we planned our wedding in 6 weeks, I didn't want to take the time to figure out all the invites, RSVP cards, etc, so I did a "RUSH" delivery on them from a vendor on line and got everything back within 5 days. But it was definitely expensive! I know we could have saved quite a bit of money if we had done it ourselves - oh well. Once we got the invites, they were all addressed and mailed within a day or two.

Tracy said...

That's what I think too, Elsa! Except that my sister has a great marriage... so maybe I need her to bleed on MY penny like I bled on hers!

Thanks... my mom kept pointing out horrid shoes so when she pointed out those, I was surprised at how cute they were. AND that they were cute on too! Yay mom!

You know, we've been engaged since last April so we'll have had 13 months to prepare... and really, I wish it had been a bit quicker. All it really has done is give me MORE time to be totally stressed all the time. In fact, if I could have a do over, I'd elope and take the friggin' $20 grand to buy a house! Coulda had a wedding/honeymoon and a home!

Bearette said...

I think you should mail a piece of cake to each blogger :) Wedding cake rocks.

We still have ours in the freezer, though it's almost 6 years old and probably inedible.

Tracy said...

Ew! 6 years is a bit long... you are supposed to eat it on your first anniversary!! My sister and her hubby ate theirs this weekend and she said it was actually still good!

I'll mail you some cake, assuming there are leftovers! And, if my sister's wedding is any indicator, there will be! I'll have to get your address as the time gets closer. Don't give it to me now or I'll just lose it...
: )

Bearette said...

Oh, I was just kidding :) But if you do have leftovers, I'll send you my address.

We did have some on our first anniversary, and then we never got around to throwing the rest of it out. I still have my bouquet in the fridge, too.

Elsa said...

Bearette is so good. Dick and I ate the top of the wedding cake within a couple of weeks of the wedding. And the bouquet lasted about the same.

Tracy said...

My sister was good too... they ate their cake on their first anniversary a week and a half ago!

I'd just be afraid that the cake would be gross after a year... and then it went to waste.