Friday, October 24, 2008

Halloween at work

Last week we had our all employee meeting at work... and since it's Halloween, we had a theme!
I bought some spider web and put it up all over the room... on the pictures, in the windows, doorways, even on the ceiling! We also put up lights. Skeleton lights! And various other Halloween-y decorations. : )
For the day of the gathering, Rhonda made this Jello brain and heart. And I made punch. I just wish we'd had some dry ice!

I made four dozen cupcakes and brought them in "naked" so people could decorate their own. I also got white frosting and some food coloring so there were lots of spooky colors to choose from:

Here are some of the cupcakes I made... I went a little overboard with the photos of the same cupcakes!







We didn't quite finish all the cupcakes so I decorated the few that were left so they wouldn't dry out.


It was nice to do something fun for the party. I also got little pails and filled them with candy for each person... and made placecards with spooky pictures and bloody font! Weeee!
I don't really entertain at my place because it is too small and we have three dogs and a cat now... but I do love putting together all the little details!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy, how cute! I love that the M&Ms came out in a perfect pattern. Serendipitous.

This is also your reminder to post a comment on my page like you said you wanted to :)

Chunks of Reality said...

I love the cupcakes!

I am going to my first Halloween party since I was a child November 1 and am going to look around for some brain/heart molds as well around here. I have never seen them before. Do you know where the lady got them? I want to take food to the party and my friend really wants all food to be Halloweenish.

Also, how much food coloring did the lady put into the jello? I'm afraid I would stain people's teeth.

Thanks so much for sharing! It looks like ya'll had fun.

Heather said...

Hey Chunks! I have seen the brain mold at Archee McPhee http://www.mcphee.com/items/10375.html

The cupcakes look fantastic!! If you ever have a need for a skull cake or little skull cupcakes let me know, I have the pans!