Monday, August 25, 2008

At least someone is riding it...



This shot always makes me snicker. If you have trouble seeing why, you can click on the photo to make it bigger... and then check out who thought he might get away with my bike!
I bought this bike from Katie... uhhh... before she moved away... uhhh... was that already two years ago? Is that right?
Okay... yeah... as the title indicates, I'm glad someone is getting some use out of it. I really thought I'd ride it! I did!! And I haven't.
This is the part where I hang my head in shame.

I even bought a bike rack for my car several months after I bought the bike so that I couldn't use that as an excuse.
I think it's still in the box in my hall closet...
I'm still hanging my head in shame.

So... I have a goal.
I am going to ride that bike!
It might need air in the tires first...
They say you never forget how to ride a bike, right? Because it's been awhile...
lol.

Wish me luck! I hope I don't fall on my head!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My bike! If it makes you feel any better, I haven't ridden my new bike since I moved here...oh wait, there was one time we took them to the park. That was it. My plan is to ride my bike to the class that I teach here in town. It's just about 3 miles away. I think I can do it.

Good luck on your biking. Kick that gecko off of there!

This suzy said...

Don't listen to that thing about never forgetting how to ride a bike. I tried to ride a bike last summer after about, say, 15 years. I kept falling over! I just couldn't get going! I hope you have better luck than me!

Elsa said...

Cool gecko!

Don't feel bad - Dick and I had a similar issue. We got 2 bikes, bought helmets and a bike rack for the car and used them probably a total of 3 times! Very embarrassing. We were so pumped for the bikes and all the riding we were going to be doing...and then nothing. Bad!