Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Remembering June

This month I didn't draft my post a little at a time... so now I'm racking my brain to remember what I read, knitted, did...

Hmm... books I read...
The final two out in this series by Eoin Colfer. I believe the 7th book comes out this August.
Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony
Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox

Then I downloaded a few free books to the Kindle and read Miss Match by Lauren Holbrook. It was okay although I think I really just wanted to be watching the tv show by the same name that starred Alicia Silverstone. The show wasn't based on this book though. I thought about downloading the next book since it's a series... but it wasn't free and I didn't like it that much.
I started to read Sushi for One by Camy Tang, also a free book on my Kindle, but it didn't keep my interest for long. Strange since I usually feel like if I start a book, I have to finish it.
I moved on to a book I had purchased at Borders, The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart. It was a fun book (although I admit it is for kiddos... but I seem to be reading a lot of those lately) and there are two more that I may have to get as well!
Now I'm reading A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff. I just started it last night but I read way more than I should have before hitting the sack and I didn't want to stop after lunch either. I thought that it would be a good book to read on my trip to NYC (!!) this weekend but I may be done before then! : )

I knitted a pumpkin hat. I originally started it with the intention of giving it to Chris' brother's upcoming baby. He is joining us in October so I thought it would be a cute baby hat! It turned out too big. So then, as I continued to knit, I thought I might give it to my sister since her baby is due any moment now and will be bigger than a newborn by fall... still too big. Then I decided I would give it to Kristen who has a baby that will be one in October. Perfect since Kristen loves orange and pumpkins! Yeah, too big.
Chris' brother saw me working on the hat (the same brother who I thought I would give it to originally) and he said HE wanted the hat and promised he would wear it. So it's finally done now and I guess the big winner will be Chris' brother David!
I promise to get a photo of it asap.

I'm off to Brooklyn Heights for the weekend! I'm super excited!!!
I hope all of you have a wonderful 4th of July! : )

No comments: